- Astana economic forum 2019
Panel session "Key factors of food security. Kazakhstan and oic countries"
Venue: London Hall, 17 May
Organisers: International Secretariat of G-Global, Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan, UNDP, The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), “Eurasian economic Club of scientists Association”, Islamic Development Bank Group (IDB)
One of the most promising sectors of the economy of Kazakhstan is agriculture, since it can give a truly new impetus to the exports diversification strategy .
The active participation of the Kazakhstan in the activities of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (hereinafter referred to as the OIC), along with other major regional and global organizations, is becoming increasingly important at the present stage. Kazakhstan joined the OIC in 1995 within the framework of the 50th session of the UN General Assembly. Adhering to the “Eurasian” concept, Kazakhstan carries out foreign policy activities in such a way as not only to balance its international cooperation with Europe and Asia, but also to pursue a more active policy in both directions. Favorable prospects for this were opened in connection with the presidency of Nur-Sultan city (Astana) in the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in 2010 and leadership in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in 2011.
The Foreign Ministers Council welcomed “the initiative of the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev to create a new communication platform G-Global as the most influential force in setting international economic policy through expanding the number of countries participating in the search for global anti-crisis solutions." The resolution “calls upon the OIC General Secretariat and IDB in coordination with other OIC relevant institutions to consider the issue of participating in G-Global."
- Provision of expertise and technical know-how to Member States on various aspects of effective development of agriculture, rural areas, food security, and biotechnology development
- Solutions to problems caused by desertification, reduction of forest area, erosion and salinization of soil, as well as ensuring sustainable social relations
- mobilization and management of financial and agricultural resources in order to develop agriculture and improve food security in member states
- Coordination, formulation and implementation of common agricultural principles, including through the exchange and transfer of relevant technologies
- Stimulating investment within the OIC in agriculture and food security
- New economic policy in agriculture
- Increased irrigated land: Rational use of land
- Digitalization in agriculture: digital farms
- Concept of development of the agro-industrial complex of each region
- Long-term programs of agrarian and industrial complex: branch programs in animal husbandry and plant growing
- PPP in agriculture
- Development of a network of wholesale distribution centers in large cities
- Waheed Qaiser, Chairman of Chapterhouse Capital LLP; CEO of Bankers Confidence
- Welcome speech: Aydarbek Saparov, First Vice Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Alexander Subbotin, Member of the Board (Minister) for Industry and Agribusiness at the Eurasian Economic Commission
- Nabil Gangi, Deputy Regional Representative, Europe & Central Asia Region, UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
- Dr. Elvin Afandi, Principal Economist, Strategy & Policy Department, ICD, IDB
- Kairat Nazhmidenov, Head of FAO Liaison and Partnership Office in the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Harry Nanda, Director of Media Gurus