“Economic Research Institute” JSC,
The Reinventing Bretton-Woods Committee.
The WORLD 2016 faced with a number of complex challenges in geopolitics, economy and financial system. The global economy is on the threshold of a new world - tectonic and fundamental shifts are happening in its development.
Particular attention will be paid to paradoxes and transformation of global economy, the end of super cycle of commodities prices and the golden decade of emerging markets, slowdown of global trade, the period of low investments and the capital outflow from EMs and developing countries, risks of financial stability, currency wars, their impact on global economic welfare and ways to sustainable globalisation.
• Global and regional context and challenges
• What instabilities can the low commodities prices raise? Will prices remain low for a sustained period of time? Can we consider it as the new normal? Is this the end of the shale revolution?
• Re-entry of Iran in the Global Energy Market
• Sovereign Wealth Funds under the stress? Budget deficit, Debt growth and currency devaluation
• Perspectives of Central Asia and Kazakhstan: Economic, Financial and Political dimension
• The New growth drivers: Eurasian Economic Union and New Silk Road as a new infrastructure boom
The high level session will be jointly organized by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international organizations.
The idea is to discuss under an overarching theme of the End of Hyperglobalisation, the groundbreaking shifts shaping our regions and respective countries in terms of economic and geopolitical risks and their impact on the sustainable growth. We will pay particular attention to policy options to mitigate spillovers and how we can benefit from the new developments and trends.