World Bank, Economic Research Institute
The World Bank team will present Kazakhstan SCD which will cover the preliminary findings in regards to the main pathways to reduce extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity in Kazakhstan.
- Presentation of findings of the evidence-based analysis conducted by the WB with a view to identify Kazakhstan’s major achievements and challenges.
- Discussion of the preliminary findings of the Systematic Country Diagnostics and views of local respondents representing the Government, Parliament and think-tanks in light of the country’s aspiration to achieve equitable growth and become one of the top 30 economies.
- Brief overview of partnership with the country in the last 25 years (video-presentation)
Welcome speech: Cyril Muller, The World Bank Vice President for ECA
Presenter: Christos Kostopoulos, Lead Economist for Central Asia, Europe and Central Asia.
“Kazakhstan Systematic Country Diagnostic – Some insights from ongoing work”
Moderator: Hans Timmer, WB Chief Economist for ECA
- Yerbolat Dossayev, Chairman of Board, JSC "Baiterek National Management Holding"
- Zhanat Yertlessova, Chairman of Taxpayers Association, Advisor to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Albert Rau, Deputy of the Majilis, Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan (TBC)
- John Panzer, WB Director (Macro) (tbc)
- Carlos Felipe Jaramillo, WB Senior Director (tbc)